Seriously Scrummy Granola
Heavenly honey coated clusters of oats, almonds and fruit that has crunch, bite and “taste”.
Honestly, the Gluten Free lifestyle shouldn’t mean that you’re going without, I believe that we should be “celebrating” our new journey.
This is simply Granola Heaven!
Seriously Scrummy Granola Ingredients
- 375 Grammes of Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 100g Mixed / Omega Seeds
- 100g White Sesame Seeds
- 130g Apple Sauce
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 100g Golden Syrup
- 4 tbsp Honey
- 70g Soft dark brown sugar (just crush any lumps between your fingers)
- 200g Whole Almonds
- 1 tsp Maldon Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 300g Raisins (or your favourite dried fruit such as cranberries)
Seriously Scrummy Granola Method
Preheat the oven to 170c / 150c fan / 300f / Gas Mark 3
- In a bowl place the oats, seeds cinnamon, ginger, soft brown sugar and salt and mix
- Now add the Golden syrup, honey, oil and add apple sauce
- Now Mix all together with your hands (honestly this is the best way) until all dry ingredients are coated
- When all mixed together, add the fruit
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper
- Now place the mix onto 2 baking trays and spread evenly, allowing the mixture to form small clusters
- Now bake for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes, remove and the mixture over using a spatula (you will see the clusters appearing)
- Bake for a further 20 minutes
- Now take out of the oven, add the dried fruit and allow to cool
Place in Kiner jars and enjoy either as a breakfast cereal or as a snack!
Happy Baking – Angela